Cleaning Instructions for Wood Furniture
Here are some tips when it comes to caring for your wooden furniture.
1. Avoid Placing your furniture in direct sunlight
2. Arrange your furniture so it is not adjacent to heating or air conditioning outlets.
3. Do not place furniture directly under windows
4. Do not place plastic materials ( lamp bases, notebooks, placemats etc. )on your furniture as certain plastics contain ingredients that may react with and damage the finish.
5. Periodically rotate your accessories so they do not remain in the same spot for extended periods of time.
6. Lift objects from the top when moving them. Be careful not to let them drag across the finish.
7. Protective padding is strongly recommended when using your furniture as a writing surface, especially when using a pencil or ballpoint pen.
8. Clean up spills quickly. Water left over a prolonged period of time will cause white spots in the finish and alcohol, perfume aftershave and medicines can cause severe finish damage.
9. Dust frequently with a clean soft dry lint free cloth. Clean the surface by rubbing in the direction of the grain. Be sure to dry thoroughly. Then apply furniture polish.
10. Polish your furniture approximately every six months. Use a clean soft lint-free absorbent cloth, rubbing the polish in the direction of the grain. We do not recommend polishes with silcone due to the difficulty of removing residue should repair or refinishing become necessary. We do recommend using Guardmans products.